Friday, April 26, 2013

block quilt


happy to have a finished project!! this bad boy was suppose to be finished last week but the binding ended up turning into this huge annoying ordeal! 
i was hoping to bind this quilt in orange but came up short (doh!) . . 
 . . so the teal was the next best option (even if it's teal on teal on the back - oh well) . . project completed and i'm a happy camper.
you can't really tell by looking at the back of the quilt (at least not in this picture) but i decided to quilt around each block . .and then each block inside a block. quite the patience builder.
it's kinda funny that it sat and sat without a binding and i thought "eh . .it's alright" . . but now that it's complete it's really growing on me!! i'm sure you could easily find a tutorial for making these square/block quilts but i learned from these books.
aside from a sporadic rain storm this week, the weather has been quite charming . . maybe i need to have a double date with that quilt and that swing sometime soon!

**UPDATE**
thanks to alison over at little bunny quilts i heard about an awesome swap by april over at kool beenz. she is putting together a fat quarter friends swap for the month of may. i signed up yesterday and i'm super excited!  who doesn't love a good swap?! only a few more days to sign up so if you wanna get in on the fun then hurry on over!

14 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! The fabrics in it are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I love this!! The teal binding looks really fantastic, so don't mourn the orange too much. ;D It looks amazing on your aqua swing bench. Wonderful share at TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this quilt! you did a wonderful job putting it together

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great and I love the teal binding!! Your aqua swing is awesome, too - the quilt looks lovely on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt. Your colours choices and layout really look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the teal binding adds to the quilt, sort of a serene feeling. I think the orange might have made it jump out too much. Love the background of that swing. Looks as if they were made to go together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice quilt! The mix of colors is very pretty and your blocks turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt. I love the colors and the blocks. Great, another to add to my "want to make list". =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those colors and I especially love the scrappy border, it really makes the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the scrappy border! It's a great boy quilt- something that's hard to find. Thanks for dropping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looks gorgeous! And i love the teal on teal back! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The teal is just my favorite colour ( besides orange)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't so nice to have a finish! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colors in this quilt. I really like the regularity of the block strips too! And I agree with other posters- the teal does look great!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete